Mod Sampler Progress

Mod Sampler QuiltProgress! I’ve almost finished piecing the top of the Mod Sampler Quilt. It only needs the outermost row of sashing, and then it’s on to the back. I have no idea what I’m going to do about that yet, because I have the same block (in 5 different colours) left.

They are very simple blocks, half solid-half print. Perhaps I’ll cut them up to make a stripe of 5cm colour/print and 5 cm white alternated, with white around and then solids. I was thinking green or blue and their corresponding prints. Suggestions?


Quilting time

Tufted TweetsThis weekend I helped out my friend Malia from Penelope Craft at her booth at the Handwerkbeurs in Zwolle. The plan was to give you an elaborate overview of the fair, with lots of pictures, but of course I forgot to pack my camera. Getting up at 6:30 does that to a person…

My main score from the Handwerkbeurs was quilting related: a nice stack of purple and green prints from the Tufted Tweets series. I also got green, purple, gray and white solids to combine into a big quilt for the new bed I’m planning to buy soon. I’m not completely sure what it’s going to look like, but I’m leaning towards the “Birdbath” quilt from Elizabeth Hartman’s (Oh, Fransson!) book The Practical Guide to Patchwork. I  don’t have a photo of it, but it’s about halfway down on the publisher’s page. I’m going to play around on the computer with a few different possibilities before deciding.

In the mean time I’ve also finally finished all the blocks for my very first quilt ever: The Mod Sampler Quilt, which unfortunately is offline from Oh, Fransson! for now.

Mod Sampler QuiltI used 6 bright solids and 6 different black and white prints, but when arranging the blocks that proved much to busy until I decided to take out all the red blocks. I like it a lot better now, and can’t wait to put the quilt top together. It will turn out a bit smaller than the original though, because I will only use 5×5 blocks on the top instead of 5×6. If I can do math as well as I think I can, it should be about 140×140 cm when finished.