Just a quick post to let you all know that I’m still around and still sewing. I’ve been a bit busy with school and job-related things, but because this Saturday is the last day of my lingerie sewing course I wanted to make something to show the teacher that I have actually learned something in the past year ;) And I definitely have! A year ago I would not have known where to begin with sewing a bra, and although I still have the occasional mishap (this one does not fit perfectly either) I’ve come a long way.
Anyway, on to the pieces! I’ve drafted both the panties and the bra, and they’re made with purple/gold mesh and gold lycra from Kantje Boord in Amsterdam. I got 0,5m of both fabrics, so these are not the last pieces you’ll see in this. I’ve already cut out one more bra and one more pair of panties, and have about 1/3 left. The undies fit very well, but I did have some trouble sewing with these two fabrics together because of the very different amounts of stretch/flimsiness. The mesh has about 30% stretch, but it’s very firm, while the lycra has about 50% stretch and is very flexible. The end results are fine, but next time I will make it a bit easier on myself by using fabrics that are a bit closer together.
There’s not that much to say about the bra. It has a vertical seam along the cup and the two halves are divided in purple and gold. The back has a purple triangle sewn into it – which was a pain in the ass to get right, but looks pretty cool!