The first truly summery day of the year; Liberation day with a music festival right outside my door. There’s hardly a better occasion to wear my just-finished summer blouse out for the first time! I love it a lot, so it will definitely not be the last time either!
Pattern: Blouse 125B from Burda Magazine 04/2007 (They seem to have a few patterns from this issue online, but not this one)
Fabric: Swiss Dot (cotton), about 1,5 m
Notions: Self-made bias tape, 5 buttons, thread
Cost: No idea… everything has been in my stash for a long time. Probably about €15,- in all if I count the magazine.
Time: About 6 hours including tracing and cutting.
I thought about the buttons for very long. At first I wanted white buttons, but I didn’t have any in my stash, I didn’t have time to go buy some, and I wanted to finish at that very moment. So red it is. You can’t see it on the pictures very well, but two out of the five total buttons have a little print on them.
The blouse came together super quickly. The only thing I’d change is to interface the button bands. The instructions don’t tell you to, but it seems a bit too flimsy without some sort of light interfacing. The best thing about this pattern is that the front panels are double, because it meant that I didn’t have to underline the fabric. I might make another one kind of like the one in the magazine, with a contrasting fabric for the inside of the bodice. In fact, I have a meter of Liberty cotton lying around that would be just enough if I cut the second tie panels from another fabric…
The skirt is me-made as well. Somewhere last summer, when I wasn’t really blogging. It’s a super simple half-circle skirt with pockets, and it’s so easy to wear in the summer. The pictures are a bit too small to show it well, but it has tiny hearts printed on it, not dots.